Error while installing GWT plugin in eclipse

What type of errors we will get by installing GWT plugin in eclipse as well as what is new in GWT? will see in this page. If you are new to GWT better first read GWT, then you will easily understand what I am explaining here.

I was already explained in GWT page, how to install gwt plugin and create sample application and running the same application in development mode. 

Previously I am using gwt-2.4 in my system with JDK-1.6 and eclipse-juno-4.2 in windows-xp. Now, I got changed my system OS to Windows-8.1. I have installed JDK-1.6 as per my project requirement and I followed the same steps as previously I have installed GWT-plugin. The plugin was installed, but in eclipse GWT symbol is not displaying. I was tried with different eclipses, but there was no Luck.

Finally I have uninstalled JDK 1.6 and again I installed JDK-1.7. After that I have tried again installing GWT-plugin in new eclipse. Now, I got the GWT symbol in my eclipse after that I realized that was installed 2.6. I have created one sample application and I ran as web application. I tried to run the same url which will generate GWT in mozilla, IE browser. But, that browser plugin I am not able to install. Because, In my new system I am using Firefox-36 version.

In mozilla-firefox-27 version on-wards gwt-plugin support they were removed. If you are using below GWT-2.6, you must install GWT-browser plugin also. But, I was installed GWT-2.6, that has the special features compare to previous versions of GWT. Now, you got the doubt what is the special feature in GWT-2.6. Yes, its really a special feature compare to previous. That is, no need of installing any browser plugin to run your application in development mode.

There is an option to run your application is "Run as --> Web Application (GWT Super Dev Mode)". If you used this option to run your application, you no need of installing any plugin's in any browsers. Also, you will be able run your application in any of the major higher version browsers. 

But, there is a disadvantage of using this. That is, when you will try to run your application in browser it will take some time to compiling. You should wait until completing the compilation of your application. This was previously not there.

As per this process I understand the version compatibility in GWT. If your using Windows-8-64-bit. Better to install the below software's.
  • JDK-7-64bit
  • Eclipse-<version>-64bit or (x86)
How to upgrade GWT version in real time project for all modules? 
In my project I have tried to upgrade GWT-2.4.0 to GWT-2.6.0 version. While doing this, I have faced lot many problems with dependent jars and environment.

JDK Environment: To achieve GWT-2.6.0 or higher version you should installed JDK-7 or higher version, below version JDK is not compatible with GWT-2.6.0.   

Sencha GXT: If you are using com.sencha.gxt in your modules in project, for GWT-2.6.0, GXT-3.1.0 or higher version only compatible. If you are using com.extjs.gxt in you project, gxt-2.3.1a-gwt22 is compatible for GWT-2.6.0.

GWT Upload: If you have used any type of GWT Upload jar previously in your project, it is better to upgrade GWTUpload.jar

GWT-SDK missing:

If you installed GWT through install new software in eclipse, GWT-SDK will be taken from plugin by default. In case again your getting the problem like, GWT-SDK is missing in your eclipse console. Better to download GWT SDK externally and place the path in eclipse windows --> preferences --> Google --> Web Toolkit --> Click on Add --> browse the path of SDK --> ok.

If your facing any technical issues in gwt or anything is wrong in this post, please send me an email to admin@javatbrains.com or write a comment on the same post.

Thanks for referring javatbrains.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hibernate auto increment with example

how to count the page views by using JSP

Multithreading in java with example

How to retrieve data from table by using JDBC with example

Prime, Fibonacci and Factorial number with example in java

How to insert images into database using JDBC?

How to sort list of objects in java with examples

String interview questions and answers

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/SystemException

Store file into table by using JDBC with example